Review Questions- Introduction to Animals, Sponges, Cnidarians
- What phyla of animals have a segmented body plan?
- How does a complete digestive tract differ from a sac-like digestive tract.
- What phyla of animals have no tissue layers? 2 embryonic tissue layers? 3 embryonic tissue layers?
- List characteristics of sponges.
- Distinguish between (or describe) a polyp and a medusa in Cnidarians.
- Describe the life cycle of an animal.
- Describe the mode of nutrition of animals (are they heterotrophs or autotrophs?)
- Describe how a Cnidarian feeds.
- What phyla of animals are bilaterally symmetrical in either the adult or the larval stage?
- What phyla (or phylum) of animals are radially symmetrical?